We collect information through Employment Vanuatu that helps us assess what assistance you can get, improve your experience in, or identify suspicious activity.
You have the right to see your information and be able to correct it.
We expect you to:
- Keep your login details secure and information safe.
- Make sure the information you give us is true and correct.
- Employment Vanuatu web application is owned and operated by the Department of Labour and Employment Services (“the Department”, we, us, our).
- We may change the content on Employment Vanuatu from time to time.
Using Employment Vanuatu
- To make use of some of the employment services provided in Employment Vanuatu you need to Register and create an account. Specifically for: advertising job vacancies, creating job profiles and submitting job applications (in case job vacancy allows it).
- We can’t guarantee that Employment Vanuatu will be available at all times. It, or certain features, may be unavailable for maintenance reasons, due to your internet or telecommunications provider or other events we can’t control. If this means you can’t complete a required action you can email us on email@example.com.
- If you’re a registered as an Employment Vanuatu user, you have the following responsibilities:
- Keep your login information secure. You must not supply your login details to anyone, even if they look like they may be associated with Department of Labour. Agents or other people acting on your behalf can’t use Employment Vanuatu and you should not supply them with your login details.
- Choose a password/PIN that can’t be easily guessed, keep it safe and don’t share it with anyone. We don’t have access to your password/PIN and we’ll never ask for them.
- If you think someone knows your login information, you must immediately:
- change your password/PIN, and
- tell us by using the Contact us on Employment Vanuatu
- Keep your contact details up-to-date.
- Make sure you log out of Employment Vanuatu session once you’re done, especially if you’re using a shared device or public computer.
- You must not intentionally interfere with the operation of Employment Vanuatu or impose an unreasonable load on the service.
- You must read all correspondence from us. See ‘contacting you’ below for the ways we may contact you.
- For further responsibilities see the section ‘Information provided or submitted on Employment Vanuatu’.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date.
- We may email or send SMS messages to you directly. For example, you may be sent:
- Activation codes or temporary login for Employment Vanuatu (when you request these)
- Information about Employment Vanuatu web application
- Security notifications
- Emails or SMS messages to tell you when you have letters to read in Employment Vanuatu
- Information about products and services from the Department, and
- Information about changes to the law or policy changes.
- We take all reasonable steps to make sure emails and SMS messages have the highest chance of successful delivery, but we can’t be held responsible for non-delivery because of force majeure events and things we can’t control, like incorrect or out-of-date email address or mobile number or network outages.
Information provided or submitted on Employment Vanuatu
- We do our best to make sure the most up-to-date information is available on Employment Vanuatu, however if there is a change in your situation you might not see these straight away in Employment Vanuatu. This means the information still appearing is subject to change.
- The Department endeavors to the best of its ability and knowledge to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current. However, we cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content of material on this website:
- whether in contract, equity or tort, or under any other legal principle or legislation
- for any direct or indirect losses or damage of any kind arising from use of this site. This includes any reliance placed on the Department as a result of having read or used, any part or all of, the information or content on this site.
- Without limiting the above, you are advised that:
- The information provided is of a general nature only, and is not intended to address specific circumstances of any particular individual, entity or situation.
- From time to time The Department may change, add to, delete from, or otherwise amend the content of this site without notice to ensure accurate information is provided
- The Department makes no warranties, guaranties or undertakings as to results that may be obtained from information contained on this web site. Content and information provided is not professional or legal advice.
- Specific advice should be sought from qualified professionals prior to taking any action or otherwise relying on any content or information received from, viewed, downloaded or otherwise obtained from this site.
- The content and information provided does not substitute or in any way alter or affect the laws of Vanuatu or any other official guidelines or requirements.
- When you submit information through Employment Vanuatu to us, you need to:
- fill in all the required information
- make sure the information you supply is true and correct, and
- confirm the information you are sending is true and correct before submitting.
- Any information you provide through Employment Vanuatu will be used to update your record and to help provide you with relevant and accurate Department assistance and other services.
- The Department is not responsible for the authenticity of the information provided by users, including but not limited to any information related to job profiles and job vacancies.
- Links to other websites are for the convenience of users and are not an endorsement or authorization by the Department. The Department is not responsible for and does not accept any liability for the contents, accuracy or reliability of any linked websites. The Department does not necessarily endorse the site contents, any views expressed within them nor any products offered on any linked websites. The Department cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages. This includes websites that may host Department content. The Department does not endorse advertisement, related material, or other content you may view on such sites while accessing Department content. When visiting other websites, please refer to the conditions of use and copyright policies of those sites.
- Links from other sites to this one. You can create a hyperlink from another website to this one, but hyperlinks to this website must not be presented on your website in any context that implies that this website has an association with your site, or endorses your site, product, business or organization unless you have the Department’s express permission. You may not use the Department logo, the Employment Vanuatu logo, or any other logo belonging to the Department on your website without the Department’s express permission.
Statistical information on Employment Vanuatu use
- The Department will collect statistical information about your use of Employment Vanuatu to help us improve the services provided by the Department and to investigate any dispute you have with us. This includes:
- your IP address
- any search terms you used
- the pages you access on our site and the links you click on
- the date and time you visit the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you click through to this site
- your operating system
- the type of device and web browser you use
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution.
Voluntary disclosure of personal (or business) information
You may choose to voluntarily provide personal (or business) information through this website. This information may be viewable by site administrators, Department staff (as appropriate) and third-party contractors who may administrate or work on the site.
What we do with your personal information
We are committed to respecting your privacy and being clear about how we use your personal information.
We collect your personal information through our secured online Employment Vanuatu platform which enables best matching of people and jobs. The platform strictly follows all protocols under the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO). The data collected is used by the Department to determine and understand demographics and how best to serve the economic and welfare needs for the people of Vanuatu now and into the future.
Information collected also enable us to:
- contact you
- identify you
- work out how best we can assist you, and
- evolve and improve the online employment services for both the job seeker and the employer.
You can choose not to give us this information but it means that we will be unable to register you into the Employment Vanuatu online platform. This may reduce or make unavailable some services we provide to you.
We do not use, share or disclose personal information collected or received through this website except as set out in this statement.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. The platform strictly follows all protocols under the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO).
Rights of access and correction
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections to that information.
If the Department has a good reason for refusing a request for correction, you are entitled to request that a statement be attached to the information of the correction that was sought but not made.
The Department has no right to edit all personal information related to the Vanuatu National ID. Any correction of personal data in your National ID must be processed directly with the Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Department.
The information provided on this Department of Labour website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that the information set out in this website is accurate. However, visitors to this website are advised that:
The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of Vanuatu or any other official guidelines or requirements.
The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes.
The Department may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice
The Department is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Department cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages.
The Department does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organization, or people who have off-site links to the Department’s website.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Your browser setting must be able to accept Cookies to use Employment Vanuatu.
- Using a Private Browsing setting will not affect your ability to use Employment Vanuatu however you may be sent an activation code to confirm your identity.
- The Department has systems and procedures in place to prevent loss, unlawful access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse of your information, consistent with good practice and as required by relevant law and policy. Particular care has been taken to make sure that only certain people with specific roles and authorized access levels are able to view your identity and transaction-related information.
- You must not create software designed to interact with Employment Vanuatu or any of the Department’s systems.
This website is an initiative of the Department of Labour. The website and all material within the website, are directed and administered by the Department and, unless indicated otherwise, protected by copyright owned by the Government of Vanuatu.
You may reproduce information on this site for personal or non-commercial use without formal permission or charge as long as you clearly indicate that the website of Employment Vanuatu is the source of the information, any disclaimers applying to the information are reproduced, and that the material is not sold or used in an inappropriate or misleading context having regard to the nature of the material.